Sustainability in the
Hohe Tauern National Park
As a host family, we have succeeded in combining a modern wellness hotel with a flourishing organic mountain farm. The "Sonnberghof" has become the "Gut Sonnberghof Naturhotel" through sensitive new construction and renovation.
However, the connection with nature as a traditional organic farm extends far beyond the national park and far beyond one generation. As a family, we actively pass on the experience and achievements of many generations to our guests and employees. Our guests experience the many faces of our organic farm with its meadows, forests, Pinzgau cattle, herb garden and fruit trees as they pass by.
We have proudly carried the eco-label since 2015 and have constantly adapted and improved our hotel accordingly. In 2017, we received the "green leaf" award out of 800 businesses and were among the top 3 businesses for holistic environmental commitment.
...and much more. We regularly train ourselves on
our sustainability topics and try to
to move even more.
- 4 e-charging stations with 11 kWh each for a fee
- Rental of e-bikes (fully and e-mountain bike) for a fee
- Hiking shuttle in summer to the guided hikes
- Daily ski shuttle to the Panoramabahn in Hollersbach with connection to the Kitzbühel Alps ski area and back once in the afternoon
- National Park Summer Card with 60 attractions, including free use of public transport
Photovoltaics and solar panels on the roofs of the houses provide hot water and electricity. In the new Waldhaus built in 2020, there is a 10,000 liter hot water tank in the basement, which is heated with geothermal energy - the rest of the hot water is heated with a log wood stove - just like in the old days with wood from our own forest.
- Log wood stove 170 KW - solar system farmhouse 150 KW - photovoltaic system herb house 54 KW - solar system forest house 120 KW (four-stage) - 2 x 90 KW heat pumps with 22 boreholes each 160m deep - photovoltaic system coach house 36 KW - heat recovery cooling systems 18 KW
We therefore produce a total of 728 KW sustainable energy
42 people work for us, that's 42 CVs and 100 times as many qualities, skills, talents and ways of smiling. That's what we like. People with character who pull on the same rope with us. Who put their heart and soul into helping our guests. We work calmly and efficiently. What we give is team spirit, family cohesion, interesting working conditions, fair benefits.
We also attach great importance to sustainability in our employees - both economically and socially. The result is a team with talent and heart that makes the Sonnberghof so unique every day.